Pages

Saturday 13 June 2015

Memory Lane Layout and Card for Scrap FX

Hi everyone, today I have my projects featuring this months new releases for Scrap FX. I have a layout and a card to share, I don't make cards very often but that is something I want to change. 
My layout was made with inspiration from a few challenges that are currently running. 7 Dots Studio's May Challenge - Trees, I used a pic of a gorgeous tree lined path I found on Pinterest and 7 Dots Paper, tags, elements & stickers.  I used colours from the current Lindy's Stamp Gang Colour Challenge. I also used the mood board from Scraps of Darkness/Scraps of Elegance challenge, I was drawn to the grey and black flower with the drops of colour on it in the mood board so I kept my page mainly grey/black with splashes of colour.



I started off my background by stamping the Wrought Iron Stamp with Versamark Ink and embossed it with Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powder in Midnight Pewter. After the blog hop and seeing Cindy Porter using the crackle paste I feel in love with the idea and brought myself some more pastes - Thanks Cindy xxx. I used the Circle Weave stencil with Finnabair's Antique Silver crackle paste.


On the flat piece of the large Oval Frame I applied a coat of gesso then I stamped the Chicken Wire stamp with Versamark ink, embossed it with clear embossing powder and then sprayed it Lindy's Black Orchid Silver spray . On the top piece of the frame I embossed with Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powder in Desert Moon Turquoise and King Midas Gold.


I used Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays in Pirates Plunder Gold, Shabby Turbine Teal and Brushed Nickle on my background and to colour some of the flowers.


For the Flourish Diamond mini's and the Memory Lane title I embossed them with the Lindy's Midnight Pewter embossing powder, then I went over the Memory Lane with the turquoise and gold embossing powders I used on the frame.


Scrap FX Products:

Products Used:



Products Used:
Destination Unknown Paper - Walk The Plank
 Destination Unknown Tags 12 x 12
Destination Unknown Elements 6 x 12
Nature Walk Work Stickers 6 x 12


Card


On my card I embossed the Wrought Iron Stamp again, this time using the Stampendous Aged Rose embossing powder. I also used this embossing powder on the Flourish 14 Infinity and the Mini Lock.


I used Gelatos to colour the Flourish with Bird, although I realised after a photographed the card that you can't really see the birds eye, I think it needs another pearl :)   



Scrap FX Products:


Thanks for stopping by today

Bec.



16 comments:

  1. Beautiful as always Bec. I especially love the stamping on the background - looks wonderful. Also the photo you chose is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful! Always love to see what you have been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW love all the embossing you did! Fabulous! Thanks so much for joining the Lindy's Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Captivating! Beautiful page! Thank you for participating to 7 Dots Studio's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Rebecca, I hope you win the challenge....Your layout is AMAZING !!...I love your background...And the beautiful photo...Hugs Heike

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful lo. Bec. Thanks for joint is at 7 dots studio challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful and magic ! thank you for playing with us with the lindy's Stamp Gag challenge !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing background, I love embossed patterns <3 Stunning colors, co magical! Thank you for playing with us at Lindy's Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful!!! I just love the way you used the colors!! Thank you for joining us at Lindy's for the Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the details you have on your page! Thank you for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Bec
    Thanks for playing along with Lindys

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so impressive!!! Eye-catching design, lovely work with the mists!!! Thanks for joining us at 7 Dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful page!! Thanks so much Bec for joining in at 7 Dots Studio!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful page ! Thank you for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning layout! Thanks for playing with us at 7 Dots Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful layout, I adore that picture...really an amazing layout you've created!

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com