Pages

Sunday 23 November 2014

Happy Birthday Layout For Scrap FX

Hey there, today I have the layout I created to the Scrap FX group post. It's the second group post for the Scrap FX blog this month - now that we have such a big design team there will be two group posts a month and new posts nearly every day from different designers!!!! So many amazing creations.
For my page today I decided to use the Number Crunch and Happy Birthday C chipboard pieces and the Number Party Stencil and do a birthday themed page. I chose this photo of my daughter on the day she was born (only a few hours old -it's one of the first photos I have of her). She turns 8 in a couple of weeks, time has gone so fast! So happy birthday baby, before I know it you'll be 18 (AARRGGHHHH). 

I used the Number Party stencil with heavy gesso on the background to give a nice white textured look for my layout. I coloured my chipboard with gesso and added a little distress ink to the edges. I had a mishap with the Happy Birthday piece of chipboard - I originally tired to make a card with it and had it embossed with glittered embossing powder. But I didn't like the card so I repurposed the chipboard for this layout and put gesso over the glitter, it turned out abit lumpy :)
Here are my close ups




The Challenge over at Berry71bleu helped me come up with my idea for this page - their theme this month is early birthdays, and I thought I couldn't get any earlier that the actual birth day. 



Scrap FX Products Used:

To buy Scrap FX products in Australia head to The Scrapbook Store

Thanks for visiting.
Bec :)




5 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. I love the soft look of the monochromatic colors and the texture on y our back ground looks wonderful.. that photo melts my heart.. how adorable.. love the flowers.. pretty much a perfect layout to me!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww- What a precious page! Beautifully detailed and designed! Thank you for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really so very beautiful...and so very precious! I love the details and layering and the amazingly sweet photo! ;-) Thank you for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww.... such a cutie!!! Wonderful layout too :) Thank you for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Beautiful work! I love all the detailed embellishments. Thanks for joining the Berry71Bleu Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com